Friday, June 25, 2010

Doing it for the kids

I had been looking for a volunteer project in South America for a while,when I found Club Union de los Pibes! I was really attracted to the programme not only because of what they’re doing in the community, but because it was one of only a few volunteer programmes without any participation fees!

Buenos Aires was my first stop in South America, so my Spanish was still VERY basic! However, I still had a great time doing arts and crafts, playing games and teaching the kids English!

I was only at the club for a month, but I had a great time and it definitely made my Buenos Aires experience all the more worthwhile! The kids and the other volunteers really are fantastic, so if you're in the area and you've got some free you should definitely check it out!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. En nuestro club no queremos cobrar dinero por recibir ayuda de ustedes muy por el contrario les estamos muy agradecidos ¡GRACIAS MANDY!

    ReplyDelete